- Enhance Depositors Confidence
- Develop and Improve a System for Payment of Insured Deposits
- Increase Public Awareness
- Enhance Financial Performance
- Improve Efficiency of Processes
- Build Strategic partnerships
- Improve Board and Staff Knowledge and skills
- To contribute to financial stability through building depositor confidence by ensuring that depositors are paid in time in the event of failure of a Contributing Institution.
- To act as a receiver or liquidator of any closed Contributing Institution if appointed by Bank of Uganda.
- To perform other functions as conferred upon it by the law.